It's a challenge to balance teens' activity schedules around classroom times or find a course that offers flexibility for different learning styles. Now there's an online Teen Driver Education option that allows students to complete the classroom portion online over a 60-day time period.
In addition to the online classroom, students are required to complete Behind-the-Wheel Driving. This includes 5 hours of hands-on driving, 5 and a half hours of observation, and a 1/2 hour Behind-the-Wheel test.
- Advance registration and payment required.
- Students must possess a learner's permit to register and complete the course.
- Registration is a 4-step process:
- First Step – Register your student for the classroom portion of course.
- Second Step – Now that you have registered for your class, you will receive an email from the Nebraska Safety Council up to 24 hours after the registration cut off date that contains a link and unique code to complete the online course. If you do not receive an email, check your spam filter. Students must complete the course within 60 days of receiving their unique code.
- Third Step - The Nebraska Safety Council checks on class completion twice a week. The Nebraska Safety Council will send you an email with a link for you to select behind-the-wheel drive times.
- If you don’t receive an email, please check your spam filter.
- Drive times are first-come, first served.
- Fourth Step - Parents will receive a link to the Driver's Education Parent Agreement Policy. Carefully read the document in full, then sign and send the document with your student to the first drive-time appointment.
Teen Driver Education
Teen Driver Education - In-Person 7 Events
Teen Driver Education Online 6 Events
There are currently no events scheduled at this time.