Celebrating Those Who Inspire
Established by WorkWell in 2015, the Legacy Awards program is designed to celebrate individuals who have provided leadership, inspiration, and support to others through their professional work and personal influence in wellness and safety. Available to members of the Nebraska Safety Council, there are a variety of award levels to recognize employees at all levels. This award program with our other awards programs and recognition will be done at the annual Awards Luncheon during our Conference and Trade Show on April 21,2022. We strongly encourage leaders and team members to join us at the the Graduate Hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska, to celebrate these amazing people!
Praises individuals that are taking personal strides to improve or maintain their health and safety, bringing their enthusiasm and positive values into the workplace.
- Actively participates in programs applicable to their safety and/or wellness goals
- Positive attitude demonstrated daily and encourages coworkers to engage with programs
- Provides constructive input to leaders on programs
- Thorough understanding of the company’s programs and culture
Promotes new or advancing leaders that are rapidly growing safety or wellness efforts.
- Directly responsible for safety and/or wellness duties
- Embodies a genuine passion for safety and/or wellness
- Through their continued efforts to develop as leaders, they have made a positive impact at the workplace
Professional Leadership Award
Recognizes high performing, well-established safety or wellness leaders.
- Multiple years of direct safety and/or wellness responsibilities
- Demonstrated significant impact of safety and/or wellness activities company-wide
- Recognition of their great leadership skills from subordinates, peers, and upper management
- Participates in community-related safety and/or wellness efforts beyond the scope of work
Lifetime Ambassador Awards
Lifetime Safety Ambassador \ Lifetime Wellness Ambassador
Honors exemplary leaders that have made a significant impact not just at work but within the community for their safety and/or wellness efforts.
- Established professionals that have dedicated their careers to safety and/or wellness efforts
- Has led a cultural/paradigm shift that resulted in a change in organizational culture that favors worksite safety and/or wellness
- Guided development of worksite policies and supportive infrastructure
- Exemplary example both professionally and personally
- Minimum 15 years serving or promoting safety and/or wellness at the workplace
The person nominating individuals must be from an organization that is a Nebraska Safety Council member, however the nominee may be employed by a non-member company. The nominee must be a resident of Nebraska or work for a Nebraska-based business.
Award recipients will be reviewed by a committee consisting of industry professionals and selected by the Nebraska Safety Council.
Nominees who are submitted should be able to attend the Legacy Awards held on April 21, 2022 during the Awards Luncheon at the Graduate Hotel in Lincoln, NE. Winners will be honored at the event and also promoted throughout the state with various media opportunities. We welcome and strongly encourage co-workers, peers, and family to attend.
Past Award Winners